- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 2 cups raisins
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, oil and brown sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, coconut, sesame seeds and sunflower kernels. Add honey mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Spread onto two ungreased baking pans.
- Bake at 300° for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in raisins. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 cups.
Reviews for Crunchy Granola
"This is yummy but honestly there are far healthier and delicious granola recipes on this site. Coconut and sunflower seeds are high in bad fats and calories, hence the not so good nutrition rating."
"I said I would make this again because we liked everything in it. However, I felt the cooking times were a little too long and I would not add the coconut until after I was done."
"This is the FAVOURITE recipe @ our house! Crunchy, flavorful, etc. I usually don't add the raisins, but have found it's delicious either way!"
"I entered the recipe into the Calorie Count web site, and here are the results. Serving Size 132 g (10 servings at 1 cup each since recipe says it makes 10 cups): Calories 555; Calories from Fat246; Total Fat 27.4g; Saturated Fat 4.7g24%; Trans Fat 0.0g; Cholesterol 0mg;Sodium 34mg; Total Carbohydrates 74.2g;Dietary Fiber 7.5g; Sugars 42.4g; Protein9.7g. Calorie Count gave it a D+ grade."
"After trying several granola recipes, this is the keeper!"