Although I like to eat healthy, I don't want to skip breakfast. This light version of classic french toast is perfect for quick meals or Sunday brunches. My kids love it...and so do I! —Barbara Arnold, Spokane, Washington.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frosted cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and salt until blended. In another shallow bowl, toss cornflakes with oats and almonds.
- Heat a griddle coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture, then in cereal mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on griddle; toast 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy French Toast in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p75
Reviews for Crunchy French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review