Crunchy Floret Salad Recipe
This pretty combination always gets rave reviews when Mom serves it. She fixes it the night before so that the creamy sweet dressing marinates the vegetables.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower and bacon. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and salt. Pour over salad and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Stir in the cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 354 calories, 33 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC