- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower and bacon. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and salt. Pour over salad and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Stir in the cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Floret Salad
Sort By :
"Good stuff! Started making this years ago when I found it in the TOH magazine.....been online for the last few years and found it again! Yummy!"
"This was pretty good. I thought it tasted better the next day."
"I have made this salad for several years, take it to pot lucks and my bowl comes home washed and ready to put away.I use about equal amounts of broccoli and cauliflower and about half a medium sized purple onion sliced in thin rings. The bacon is a MUST! mmmm I use Lite Miracle whip and either Splenda or Stevia, measured the same as sugar. I don't think the bacon in one serving of this salad does great damage to my cholesterol levels, but the taste it adds is wonderful, especially if you make it the day or night before."
"I have been making this for years, but the only difference is that my recipe called for cubed sharp chedder cheese which gives a great contrast to the sweetness. Family and friends all agree that the cubed sharp chedder gives it a great pop of flavor"
"I have made this recipe for many years. Always a big hit flavor can't be beat. I get asked to bring this often. I just sent the recipe after serving at a pot luck today. Can be made in minutes. My family loves it too! :)"