In Avon Lake, Ohio, Ellie Kocar can stir up a big batch of these rich buttery cookies to satisfy a crowd. They get their tasty crunch from coconut, walnuts and crisp rice cereal.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Press tops lightly with a fork. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Drop Cookies in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p55
Reviews for Crunchy Drop Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2012
"One of my favorite cookie recipes. I leave out the nuts and add 1 1/2 cups chocholate chips."