In Avon Lake, Ohio, Ellie Kocar can stir up a big batch of these rich buttery cookies to satisfy a crowd. They get their tasty crunch from coconut, walnuts and crisp rice cereal.
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Press tops lightly with a fork. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Drop Cookies in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p55
Reviews for Crunchy Drop Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review