Crunchy Dilled Slaw Recipe
This coleslaw is good with just about any kind of meat. I've taken it to many potluck dinners.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dill seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the first six ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, dill seed, mustard and salt; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; add oil. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 197 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC