This coleslaw is good with just about any kind of meat. I've taken it to many potluck dinners.
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dill seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, toss the first six ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, dill seed, mustard and salt; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; add oil. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Dilled Slaw in Country Extra January 1999, p49
Reviews for Crunchy Dilled Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review