Crunchy Dessert Bars Recipe
"My son-in-law is diabetic and loves these five-ingredient frozen dessert bars," shares Shirley Reed of San Angelo, Texas. "With their nutty crunch from Grape Nuts cereal, we think they taste like the inside of a Snickers candy bar."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + freezing YIELD:24 servings
- 1 pint fat-free no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 package (1.0 ounce) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first four ingredients until smooth. Stir in cereal.
- 2. Transfer to a foil-lined 8-in. square pan. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. Use foil to lift out of pan; discard foil. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
One bar equals 67 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC