Crunchy Dessert Bars Recipe
"My son-in-law is diabetic and loves these five-ingredient frozen dessert bars," shares Shirley Reed of San Angelo, Texas. "With their nutty crunch from Grape Nuts cereal, we think they taste like the inside of a Snickers candy bar."
- 1 pint fat-free no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 package (1.0 ounce) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup Grape-Nuts
- In a large bowl, beat the first four ingredients until smooth. Stir in cereal.
- Transfer to a foil-lined 8-in. square pan. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. Use foil to lift out of pan; discard foil. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Dessert Bars in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p45
Reviews for Crunchy Dessert Bars(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >