"If you have leftover ham and chicken (or turkey) on hand, try this," suggests Eleanor Doering of Stoughton, Wisconsin. "It's a great potluck dish because it can be made a day ahead."
Recommended: Fresh, Balanced & Filling No-Cook Summer Dinners
- 4-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Place rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chicken, ham and water chestnuts. Combine the next six ingredients; pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with almonds; bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Curried Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p34
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crunchy Curried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2010
"I make this dish all the time. We love it!"