Crunchy Cucumber Rounds Recipe
"I found the recipe for these cute crisp appetizers in an old cookbook several years ago," writes Phyllis Pollock of Erie, Pennsylvania. "They're fun to serve because people inevitably ask, 'What's in this?' Make sure your cucumber slices are dry so the fruit mixture will stick to the tops."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1 cup finely chopped red apple
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the apple, pineapple, pecans, sour cream and salt. cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. To score cucumbers, cut lengthwise strips through peel. Cut each cucumber into 16 slices. Blot with paper towels to remove moisture. Spoon 1 teaspoon apple mixture on each slice. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 appetizers equals 21 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 0 Free Food.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC