"I found the recipe for these cute crisp appetizers in an old cookbook several years ago," writes Phyllis Pollock of Erie, Pennsylvania. "They're fun to serve because people inevitably ask, 'What's in this?' Make sure your cucumber slices are dry so the fruit mixture will stick to the tops."
- 1 cup finely chopped red apple
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium cucumbers
- In a small bowl, combine the apple, pineapple, pecans, sour cream and salt. cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- To score cucumbers, cut lengthwise strips through peel. Cut each cucumber into 16 slices. Blot with paper towels to remove moisture. Spoon 1 teaspoon apple mixture on each slice. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Cucumber Rounds in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p47
Reviews for Crunchy Cucumber Rounds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2013
"Everyone loved this one, even the picky eaters"
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2013
"These are so tasty and a nice change from heavy appetizers. I've fixed them for a couple events and always have people wanting the recipe."
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2011
"The pineapple and pecans went VERY well with the cucumber!"