Crunchy Cracker Candy Recipe
When I first made this recipe, I thought I'd be stuck with lots of leftovers. But the big batch was quickly gobbled up!
- 3 cups butter-flavored cracker sticks, halved
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips, optional
- 1. Place cracker sticks in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; set aside. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour over crackers; stir to coat.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes, stirring once. Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cracker sticks; toss to coat.
- 3. Sprinkle with pecans and toffee bits if desired; toss to coat. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cool until set; break apart. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 pounds.
1 serving (2 ounces) equals 231 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC