In Rupert, Idaho, Stephanie Hamilton frequently serves this cool salad at home and at social functions. "It's super simple to make and has a unique taste that's delicious," she assures.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, peas, celery and onion; set aside. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic salt and curry powder; add to the crab mixture and toss to coat. Stir in the chow mein noodles and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Crab Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crunchy Crab Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2011
"We liked everything about this salad except for the dressing, which we didn't care for at all. If we make it again we'd try a different salad dressing."