Crunchy Corn Medley
This recipe came from my husband's aunt, who's an excellent cook, friend and mentor. It's crunchy, colorful and combined with a light tasty dressing. I've shared it with friends and relatives, who think it's a great addition to their recipe collection.
-Meredith Cecil, Plattsburg, Missouri
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small
- bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper; whisk until
- sugar is dissolved. Pour over corn mixture; toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Stir just before serving; serve
- with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 197 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.