Crunchy Cool Coleslaw Recipe
This recipe is my version of the Honey Roasted Peanut Slaw at Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ, which I love. I think it’s a pretty close match! —Elaine Hoffmann, Santa Ana, California
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium Honeycrisp apples, julienned
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts or cashews
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, sugar, celery seed and salt.
- 2. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC