- 2 packages (16 ounces each) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium Honeycrisp apples, julienned
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts or cashews
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, sugar, celery seed and salt.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Cool Coleslaw
"Just added more peanuts and used rice vinegar because it's what I had available. My husband loved it! I made too much of it for an early dinner, and I was so glad to find my husband and son sitting in front of the couch watching a movie with the Big Bowl of this salad...Delicious!"
"I halved the receipe, including the dressing. Everyone said it tasted really good, but was dry and needed more dressing. Next time I will double the dressing. Very light and tasty!"
"I only needed to serve 8 people so I halved the recipe. I needed the full amount of dressing however. The recipe amount was skimpy even for one bag of coleslaw. I omitted the carrots as the mix I had contained carrots. Substituting caraway seed might be an option also. Generally it was tasty and the peanuts were a nice addition."