Crunchy Coleslaw Recipe
"This crunchy cabbage salad is so easy to put together that we often have it for spur-of-the-moment picnics or when unexpected company stops by," remarks Julie Vavroch of Montezuma, Iowa. It gets its nutty flavor from almonds.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 package (5 ounces) sliced almonds
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat oil. Stir in contents of noodle seasoning packet and garlic salt; cook for 3-4 minutes or until blended.
- 2. Meanwhile, crush the noodles and place in a large salad bowl. Add coleslaw mix and almonds. Drizzle with oil mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 245 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC