"This crunchy cabbage salad is so easy to put together that we often have it for spur-of-the-moment picnics or when unexpected company stops by," remarks Julie Vavroch of Montezuma, Iowa. It gets its nutty flavor from almonds.
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 package (5 ounces) sliced almonds
- In a small saucepan, heat oil. Stir in contents of noodle seasoning packet and garlic salt; cook for 3-4 minutes or until blended.
- Meanwhile, crush the noodles and place in a large salad bowl. Add coleslaw mix and almonds. Drizzle with oil mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Coleslaw in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p11
Reviews for Crunchy Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review