Potato flakes make a golden coating for these fish fillets, which are a breeze to fry on the stovetop. —Sondra Ostheimer, Boscobel, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/4 pounds walleye, perch or pike fillets
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Tartar sauce and lemon wedges, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder
- and garlic powder. In another bowl, beat the eggs. Dip both sides of
- fillets in flour mixture and eggs, then coat with potato flakes.
- In a large skillet, fry fillets in oil for 5 minutes on each side or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with tartar sauce and
- lemon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (5 ounces) equals 566 calories, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 326 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 55 g protein.