Crunchy-Coated Walleye Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/4 pounds walleye, perch or pike fillets
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Tartar sauce and lemon wedges, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. In another bowl, beat the eggs. Dip both sides of fillets in flour mixture and eggs, then coat with potato flakes.
- 2. In a large skillet, fry fillets in oil for 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with tartar sauce and lemon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (5 ounces) equals 566 calories, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 326 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 55 g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy-Coated Walleye
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.