- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/4 pounds walleye, perch or pike fillets
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Tartar sauce and lemon wedges, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. In another bowl, beat the eggs. Dip both sides of fillets in flour mixture and eggs, then coat with potato flakes.
- In a large skillet, fry fillets in oil for 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with tartar sauce and lemon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crunchy-Coated Walleye
Sort By :
"Tasty recipe with all the needed ingredients right in my kitchen. Nice crunch to coating."
"The potato flakes added a really crunchy texture to the light and flaky fish. This recipe was easy to make and the seasoning added flavor without overpowering the fish."
"I really liked this recipe and will make again."
"I have made this recipe many, many times and it is a very good recipe. The only thing that I change up in it is that I use seasoning salt instead of plain salt. This is definitely my "go to" recipe for preparing fish! We love it!"