Crunchy Chocolate Sauce
In Waukesha, Wisconsin, Dolores Kastello dresses up ice cream with an easy three-ingredient topping that's full of nuts. "As this rich chocolate sauce cools over the ice cream, it forms a hard shell that kids (and adults) love," she notes.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Ice cream
- In a skillet, saute nuts in butter until golden brown. Remove from
- the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Serve warm over ice
- cream (sauce will harden). Store leftover sauce in the
- refrigerator. This sauce can be reheated in the microwave. Yield:
- about 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 180 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.