Crunchy Chocolate Pudding Squares Recipe
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, pecans and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Spread with the remaining whipped topping. Chill until set. Garnish with sprinkles if desired. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 475 calories, 30 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Chocolate Pudding Squares
"Oh how comforting and delicious! The PERFECT summer dessert, but not only for summer! Delicious for any occasion, any time of year."