Crunchy Chocolate Pudding Squares Recipe
This is the best dessert ever! The secret is the rich crunchy crust made with chopped pecans. It's so simple to make, but tastes wonderful.—Kimberly Lund, Park City, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:12-15 servings
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, pecans and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Spread with the remaining whipped topping. Chill until set. Garnish with sprinkles if desired. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 475 calories, 30 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC