- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 22 wafers)
- White jimmies
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Add wafer crumbs; mix to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in jimmies. Place on a waxed paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; freeze until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen balls: Thaw at room temperature. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Crunchy Chocolate Mint Balls
Sort By :
"I think there may be something wrong with the measurements on this recipe. I made it exactly as described and the result was chocolate soup. I crushed the remaining wafers from the package, added them, and then it was the consistency of stew. Will try to salvage the recipe by adding even more wafers. Did anyone else have this problem? Did you have to adjust the liquid when you made it?"
"Forgot to sign my name to my OMG review. It's Gwen - or luvtopolka. Also, I saw the question about jimmies. I, too, couldn't find them, but used multi-colored candy sprinkles instead. luvtopolka"
"OMG!!! These are THE BEST! Everyone who tastes them loves them! So easy, too! What a hit with very little effort! The only "hard" part is rolling them in jimmies."
"[quote user="gatsbyarrow"]What are chocolate wafers? [/quote] Chocolate wafers are chocolate cookies - find them in with the cookies and snacks at your favorite grocery store."
"What are chocolate wafers?"