Crunchy Chocolate Mint Balls
Get a jump on the holidays by making these 4-ingredient truffles and tucking them away in the freezer for gift giving. For an extra special touch, I like to present them in mini cupcake holders.—Amanda Triff, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
54 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. + freezing
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 22 wafers)
- White jimmies
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chips and
- butter; stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Add wafer crumbs; mix to
- coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in jimmies. Place on a waxed paper-lined
- 15x10x1-in. baking pan; freeze until firm. Transfer to a resealable
- plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen balls: Thaw at room temperature. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ball (calculated without jimmies) equals 70 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.