Crunchy Chocolate Eggs
I've been making these chocolate candies since my children were young, and we never tire of the taste. —Janis Plourde, Smooth Rock Falls, Ontario
54 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + standing
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 3-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Candy sprinkles
- In a heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and peanut
- butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from the
- heat; stir in cereals and peanuts.
- When cool enough to handle, drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed
- paper-lined baking sheets. Form into egg shapes. Refrigerate until
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on
- waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand
- until set.
- Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.