I've been making these chocolate candies since my children were young, and we never tire of the taste. —Janis Plourde, Smooth Rock Falls, Ontario
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 3-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Candy sprinkles
- In a heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereals and peanuts.
- When cool enough to handle, drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Form into egg shapes. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Chocolate Eggs in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p49
Reviews for Crunchy Chocolate Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review