- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 3-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Candy sprinkles
- In a heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereals and peanuts.
- When cool enough to handle, drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Form into egg shapes. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Crunchy Chocolate Eggs
Sort By :
"We have peanut allergies so can I substitute soy butter? Will the consistency stay the same?"
"Delicious. I have made them as eggs and as bars (put in 9x11 pan). My husband says they taste like a Whatchamacallit candy bar."
"These are so good!"
"I've made these as eggs, footballs, and will try them as hearts for Valentines. They are my boss's favorite treat."