Crunchy Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 2/3 cup green onion strips, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1. In a large salad bowl, toss the chicken, lettuce, carrots, cucumber, green onion and bean sprouts. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve with breadsticks. Yield: 10 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-cup serving of salad (without added salt) equals 2 lean mean, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat; also, 156 calories 201 mg sodium, 42 mg cholesterol, 5 gm carbohydrate, 19 gm protein, 6 gm fat.
Reviews for Crunchy Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.