Crunchy Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
Reports field editor Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida, "This salad gives kids two of their favorite foods - sunflower seeds and grapes. It's a hearty sandwich that also is a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey."
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 pita breads, halved or 8 slices bread
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Line pita or bread with lettuce and add 1/2 cup chicken salad to each. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 689 calories, 43 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC