Reports field editor Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida, "This salad gives kids two of their favorite foods - sunflower seeds and grapes. It's a hearty sandwich that also is a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey."
Recommended: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 pita breads, halved or 8 slices bread
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Line pita or bread with lettuce and add 1/2 cup chicken salad to each. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p54
Reviews for Crunchy Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2011
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2007
"would it hurt if i add onions just the fact that i love onions."