Crunchy Chicken Salad Pitas Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cucumber, grapes, carrots and walnuts. Combine mayonnaise and ranch dressing. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Line pita halves with lettuce; spoon about 1/2 cup chicken salad into each. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
2 filled pita halves equals 612 calories, 32 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 624 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Chicken Salad Pitas
"This is a awesome recipe. My best friend usually brings her dog over for a "play date" with my dog. Well, she brought her husband as well. So my husband and I made these for lunch and they loved it.......my friend had to have this recipe. I highly recommend, very good!"
"My husband and I made this recipe for a TV audition and our auditioners LOVED it! My husband gobbled up more after the audition was over ~ and he's not a huge "salad" sandwich fan. We'll definitely make this recipe again. The flavours blend great and it was light and yummy."