This colorful chicken salad is ideal as a luncheon favorite or can be easily packed for a picnic. The combination of flavors is refreshing…one of our family’s favorite summer entrees.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cucumber, grapes, carrots and walnuts. Combine mayonnaise and ranch dressing. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Line pita halves with lettuce; spoon about 1/2 cup chicken salad into each. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Pitas in Reminisce August/September 2008, p48
Reviews for Crunchy Chicken Salad Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review