Crunchy Chicken Salad Recipe
When I was first married, I experimented with a lot of recipes. I guess I got carried away. My husband told me that although he enjoyed trying new recipes, sometimes he'd like to have something familiar. I've arrived at a happy medium since then. This is one "test" that's become a favorite!
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded green or Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, halved
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- Salted peanuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Stir in the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, toss cabbage, peas, carrots, onions and radishes in a serving bowl; top with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Chicken Salad in Country February/March 1999, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crunchy Chicken Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review