- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts; drained
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- Sliced almonds, optional
- In a skillet, saute celery in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; add the next nine ingredients. Spoon into an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine melted butter and cornflakes; sprinkle on top of casserole. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crunchy Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
"I was looking for a quick dish for some left over chicken. Didn't have the water chestnuts or almonds. Not a spoonful was left! I did not have on hand the water chestnuts or almonds, but I did have Frosted Flakes. I never change recipes but this one worked. Even my husband (who hates creamy type dishes) scooped this one up. Everyone voted it was a repeat dish. Next time I will had the crunchies."
"Sorry, none of us cared for this recipe. It maybe needed more rice, another can of cream of chicken soup, less mayonnaise? something just wasn't right."
"This was a very bland dish! I would not recommend even to the dog. It had no flavor and I was thoroughly disappointed"
"Simple and very tasty. We served it with side vegetables for a complete meal. We'll be having this again."
"I would make this again with a few modifications. I would add another can of water chestnuts, and I would probably try Cream of Celery this time because the Cream of Chicken is a tad bland but all in all, it's definitely a good "comfort food" recipe."