Crunchy Chicken Balls
Now that I'm retired from teaching, I have plenty of time to entertain. These individual chicken balls are always on the menu...much to the pleasure of my guests.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans or chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Shape into
- 3/4-in. balls. Roll in pecans or parsley. Cover and chill. Yield: 8
- servings (2 dozen).
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with low-fat cheese, light mayonnaise and parsley and without add salt) equals 1 lean meat; also, 49 calories, 79 mg sodium, 16 mg cholesterol, 2 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 3 gm fat.