Crunchy Chicken Balls Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans or chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Shape into 3/4-in. balls. Roll in pecans or parsley. Cover and chill. Yield: 8 servings (2 dozen).
3 each: 49 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Crunchy Chicken Balls
"I love the idea of using chicken in a meatball recipe. It is much lighter than the ground beef mixture. This recipe has the right idea but it just needs a few changes. They seemed a little Bland for our tastes. I also found that the Nuts softened up while the mixture chilled. It is a good base on which to work with.Janie"