Crunchy Chicken Balls Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans or chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Shape into 3/4-in. balls. Roll in pecans or parsley. Cover and chill. Yield: 8 servings (2 dozen).
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with low-fat cheese, light mayonnaise and parsley and without add salt) equals 1 lean meat; also, 49 calories, 79 mg sodium, 16 mg cholesterol, 2 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 3 gm fat.