- 1 package (6 ounces) instant chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- Prepare the stuffing mix according to package directions; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the mixed vegetables, soup, water chestnuts and water.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with the chicken and prepared stuffing. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Chicken Bake
Sort By :
"I wanted to like this recipe but it wasn't what I expected to get as a recommendation from Taste of Home. Won't be making it again."
"Fantastic and simple! I actually followed the recipe as a guide, but used all leftovers from a chicken dinner, including a few roasted potatoes. Leftover stuffing turned out great on the top, instead of using the boxed kind. I will definitely make this again."
"I DIDN'T HAVE WATER CHESTNUTS,SO I USED A CAN OF MUSHROOMS AND I USED CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP AND SERVED IT WITH CRANBERRY SAUCE."
"This recipe wasn't wildly delicious, but it was really good. It was just a perfect "don't know what to make tonight for dinner" recipe that went the distance with good flavor, and filled our tummies. I think my homemade shredded chicken was kind of bland, and I might try adding tarragon or basil to this dish next time. Oh, and I didn't use the water chestnuts because I didn't have any. But, very good, moist, super easy, and economical too."
"I actually really liked this dish, but my husband didn't like it quite as much. I really liked the chicken shredded opposed to just chunks though."