- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping; press remaining crumbs into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, lemon peel, juice and vanilla; mix well. Spread over baked crust. Combine nuts with reserved crumbs; sprinkle over cream cheese mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until done. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Cheesecake Bars in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p54
Reviews for Crunchy Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review