Cayenne pepper lends a little zip to these crisp and cheesy treats from Camille Langford, Branson, Missouri. "They look and taste like they're a lot of trouble to make, but they're not. That's my favorite kind of recipe!" relates Camille.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Cut French bread into 54 slices, about 1/4 in. thick. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, thyme and cayenne until blended. Brush over bread slices. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 300° for 12-15 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Cheese Toasts in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p61
Reviews for Crunchy Cheese Toasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review