Crunchy Cheese Toasts Recipe
Cayenne pepper lends a little zip to these crisp and cheesy treats from Camille Langford, Branson, Missouri. "They look and taste like they're a lot of trouble to make, but they're not. That's my favorite kind of recipe!" relates Camille.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Cut French bread into 54 slices, about 1/4 in. thick. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, thyme and cayenne until blended. Brush over bread slices. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 300° for 12-15 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Cheese Toasts in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p61
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Crunchy Cheese Toasts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >