Crunchy Cheese Potatoes Recipe
"THESE POTATOES are delicious, and they live up to their crunchy name! I make them often since they're easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time. This dish is always 'pretty as a picture' when it comes out of the oven!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- Additional minced chives, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sour cream, milk, chives, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and mix thoroughly. Spread in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine cheese and cornflakes; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with additional chives if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 263 calories, 9 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC