Crunchy Cheese Crisps Recipe
“I bake these zesty appetizers for a nearby bed-and-breakfast here in Stratford, Ontario,” writes Carol Grasby. “They go together in minutes, and guests never seem able to stop with just one.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/4 cup finely crushed potato chips
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Shape into 3/4-in. balls. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: 2 servings.
4 crisps equals 167 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC