Crunchy Celery Casserole
"I first sampled this tempting treatment for celery when a friend brought it to a 4-H covered dish dinner," recalls Michelle Garretson of Newcomerstown, Ohio. "We could not believe how good it tastes or how easy it is to prepare in the microwave."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 10 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a bowl, combine the celery, soup and water chestnuts. Pour into a
- greased microwave-safe 8-in. square dish. Cover and microwave on
- high for 20 minutes or until the celery is tender, stirring every 5
- minutes. Sprinkle with onions. Microwave, uncovered, 3-1/2 minutes
- longer. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 114 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.