"I first sampled this tempting treatment for celery when a friend brought it to a 4-H covered dish dinner," recalls Michelle Garretson of Newcomerstown, Ohio. "We could not believe how good it tastes or how easy it is to prepare in the microwave."
- 10 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a bowl, combine the celery, soup and water chestnuts. Pour into a greased microwave-safe 8-in. square dish. Cover and microwave on high for 20 minutes or until the celery is tender, stirring every 5 minutes. Sprinkle with onions. Microwave, uncovered, 3-1/2 minutes longer. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Celery Casserole in Quick Cooking December 2000, p35
Reviews for Crunchy Celery Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2011
"Was looking for a way to use up an abundance of celery. I will sprinkle on the onions after the casserole is done next time, as they got a bit mushy. But, very good dish."