Crunchy Cashew Pork Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3/4 pound boneless pork, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, vinegar, soy sauce and 2 teaspoons oil until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in 1 tablespoon oil until meat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- 3. Heat remaining oil; stir-fry carrots and broccoli until crisp-tender. Stir broth mixture; stir into skillet along with the green onions. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return meat to pan and heat through. Stir in cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 335 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 633 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer