Crunchy Cashew Pork Recipe
"I enjoy the crunchiness of the cashews and fresh veggies in this colorful medley," relates Myra Innes from Auburn, Kansas. "Besides being quick to fix, it's pretty enough to serve company."
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3/4 pound boneless pork, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, vinegar, soy sauce and 2 teaspoons oil until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in 1 tablespoon oil until meat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- 3. Heat remaining oil; stir-fry carrots and broccoli until crisp-tender. Stir broth mixture; stir into skillet along with the green onions. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return meat to pan and heat through. Stir in cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 335 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 633 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC