- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn and peanuts in a large microwave-safe bowl; set aside. In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt. Cover and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds; stir. Microwave 1-1/2 minutes longer.
- Stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour over popcorn mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring several times. Spread on greased baking sheets to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Originally published as Crunchy Caramel Corn in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p188
Reviews for Crunchy Caramel Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review