Crunchy Candy Clusters Recipe
Before she retired, Faye O'Bryan took these yummy peanut butter bites to work for special occasions. "They're so simple," says the Owensboro, Kentucky cook. "I still make them for holidays because my family looks forward to the coated cereal and marshmallow clusters."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 1 hour YIELD:78 servings
- 2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 4 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1. Place candy coating in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Add peanut butter. Stir in extract if desired.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cereals and marshmallows. Stir in the peanut butter mixture until well coated. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until set. Store at room temperature. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 112 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC