- 12 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 12 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- 12 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 cups chopped green onions
- 3 jars (4 ounces each) diced pimientos, drained
- 6 cups mayonnaise
- 2-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- In several large bowls, combine the corn, peas, water chestnuts, onions and pimientos.
- In another large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheese, milk, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, add almonds and toss to combine. Yield: 128 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Crunchy Calico Salad
"I have only assembled this. I want it to sit overnite so the flavors can marry. I also altered the number of servings so I didn't make enough for 128 people. By using one package of corn and peas - 6 green onions, 1/4 of milk, 1/2 C of mayonnaise 2oz of pimento and 8 oz of water chestnuts and the juice of one lemon. I also left out the nuts since it is going to a potluck dinner. If I were to make it just for my family I would probably add the nuts. I am thinking of adding bacon bits instead.It was simple to assemble and could be done last minute. So far So good :)"