- 3 cups (6 ounces) French's® Original French Fried Onions
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound catfish or tilapia fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine onions and Cajun seasoning. Seal bag and crush with hands or a rolling pin; set aside. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise and hot pepper sauce. Add fish strips; toss well to coat.
- Place a few fish strips in the bag; toss to coat with onion mixture. Place strips on a foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat until all fish strips are coated with crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Cajun Fish Fingers in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p65
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Crunchy Cajun Fish Fingers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review