Crunchy Cabbage Salad Recipe
This salad hits the spot on warm days. It's always popular at potluck dinners.
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Break noodles; set aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt, pepper and half of the contents from the noodle seasoning packet; shake well. (Discard remaining seasoning or save for another use.)
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add noodles and dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
3/4 cup: 169 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Crunchy Cabbage Salad
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2010
"This is a great cabbage salad and easy to make."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC